Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Montrealer in Malang

I'm originally from Montreal, Canada. Montreal is a great city with many wonderful things to see and do. It's the second largest French speaking city after Paris, and it's often called the Paris of Canada.

Montreal has many cultural and historical sites. It is a multicultural city with delicious food and interesting people. It also is home to many parks, gardens and recreation centers. Overall, it's a great place to visit (or live).

Having said all that about my home city, now I have to talk about Malang. It's very difficult to compare Malang and Montreal. There are completely different so it's not really fair to compare them to each other.

Malang feels like home now. Right now it's the rainy season, so there is a big downpour everyday. In Montreal it's autumn and getting colder and colder as winter creeps in.

The food in Malang is wonderful. It's tasy, inexpensive and fresh. There's so much to eat and drink here - so many things that I'd never even heard of (let alone taste) when I was living in Montreal.

The people in Malang are very friendly. Much friendlier than in my home city. They are quick to smile and even if you make a mistake or do something silly - they rarely get angry.

So overall, I can say that, as a Montrealer, life in Malang is very nice!


No comments:

Post a Comment